Three-Way Air Fryer Donuts Recipe
You have a choice after the donuts are baked: you can dip them in a powdered sugar and milk glaze, brush them with butter and shake them in cinnamon sugar, or dip them in canned, melted chocolate frosting (or your own homemade, but we are trying to be fast here). Three-Way Air Fryer Donuts are delicious whichever way, and are so fast and easy to make, that you’ll crave and make donuts often.
Although I am not a big fan of refrigerator dough, that is what these donuts are made of, and no one will ever guess. Purchase those jumbo biscuits and have a biscuit cutter handy to cut a hole in the middle. My husband doesn’t know that there are eight donut holes in every batch, and he thinks I just have a lot of willpower to avoid eating the whole donuts which I graciously leave for him to eat.
1 16 oz. can jumbo refrigerator biscuits (such as Grands)
Powdered Sugar Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 to 3 tablespoons milk, (enough to make a glazing consistency)
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 16 oz. can Chocolate frosting
- Spray the basket of an air fryer liberally with non-stick spray.
- Cut a hole in the middle of each of the refrigerator biscuits and arrange as many biscuits as possible in the basket, leaving a little room between them.
- If there is room, add some of the holes.
- Spray or brush the dough lightly with a little oil.
- "Fry" for 5 - 6 minutes on 360º or until golden brown.
- When the cycle is finished and the donuts are golden brown, top with your choice of glaze or topping.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: whisk together the powdered sugar and enough milk to make a glazing consistency that will stick to the donuts but won't totally run off; place on a rack to set.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Melt the butter in a bowl that is larger than the donuts. Mix the cinnamon sugar on a plate. Dip the donuts in the butter, then coat them with the cinnamon sugar. Place the donuts on a rack to set.
- Chocolate: Open the can of frosting and microwave about 1 minute or until melted. Stir and pour into a bowl that is larger than the donuts. Dip the donuts into the glaze and place on a rack to set.
Amount Per Serving (varies according to topping)
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 93
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 28% Protein 4% Carb. 68%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 449 mg
Total Carbohydrate 56 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 9%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.